Does it make it more than one season after he's gone?
It looks like Dunder Mifflin will indeed be Scott-free this time next year.
Steve Carell is reaffirming his desire to leave The Office and his role as Michael Scott at the end of the hitcom?s upcoming seventh season. ?I think [season] 7 will be my last year,? he told us over the weekend at the premiere of his new animated flick, Despicable Me. ?I want to fulfill my contract. I think it?s a good time to move on.?
Asked if there?s anything that could change his mind, Carell said, ?No. I just want to spend more time with my family.?
Back in April, Carell made headlines when he announced in a BBC radio interview that next season ?would probably? be his last on The Office. And he?s not backtracking! (Reporting by Jace Brittain)
Steve Carell on 'Office' exit: 'It's a good time to move on' | Ausiello | EW.com
Does it make it more than one season after he's gone?
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
I think they might try to milk the jim/pam thing out for another season, maybe, not saying it'll be successful but NBC knows The Office is a gem and they put out a lot of **** that is over a couple episodes in. But they might just end it when he goes, I don't know how they could keep it going, there's no one that can carry that show. If they do decide to keep it going, how are they going to send Michael off...fire him? Him quitting? Just wondering what events will lead up to him leaving in whichever way if they decide to carry on.
Maybe Gervais is his replacement? That could be a good angle to keep it going. (Thats what she said)
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
That's a really good idea, didn't even cross my mind, I love Gervais. I don't see him fitting in with the cast though IMO, hope I'm wrong, but just think that for some reason. But if that were to happen and it go on, who else would leave the show? I would think with Carell going, some others would leave with him.
Well, if he truly does leave the show, I think it will end. Apparantly with the season finale, Holly is coming back..and he will end up gettin married and running off. That or Jan will come back and that baby will really be his. If they do decide to keep it going, i would imagine Jim would take over as boss, since he has slowly been tranforming into Michael over the course of 6 seasons.
ooh wait...here's a thought...TODD PACKER!!
"what's up halpert...still gay?"
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson
Bookmarks